zondag 6 maart 2011

Palermo - Buenos Aires

Ok you guys, I will try and write in English, on popular demand :-)
It took me 25 hours to get from door to door, but I was lucky enough to be able to sleep 10 hours on the 12,5 hours flight from Madrid to Buenos Aires.
Once on the airport, I immediately noticed a nice and laid-back vibe, a far cry from what I am used to in Asia.
The taxi driver takes me to my guesthouse, which is in Palermo, in a street called Palestina (not to be mixed up with the street Armenia, like the taxi driver himself did: 'the names are so much alike". Uhuh, sure).
The guesthouse turns out to be just as cosy and nice as on the pictures on the site, so I am happy with my choice. My room is super small, but the furniture in it makes it all ok. The little cupboard is just too cute, I can see myself fixing that up.
After a shower in my little private bathroom that I reach with a little staircase, I am ready to hit the streets of Palermo, the most hip and trendy neighborhood, according to the Lonely Planet (and everything it says in there, is true :-). On first sight, it seems to be a very quiet neighborbood, you can drop a bomb here and hurt no one. When I reach Palermo Viejo, this changes immediately into a nice hustle and bustle. There's a street market going on, and there are lots of little boutiques. And yes, I am in luck, I immediately get to see my first tango on the street!


After getting used to the street plan here (think NYC), I start discovering more and more nice shops, nice streets and nice restaurants with terraces on the street.
Palermo indeed rocks!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten